Ken Gottry - Cambridge NY History

The Lauderdale Fair started around 1883 on the O.C. Valentine farm at the southern end of Lake Lauderdale. Later this was the location of Corey’s Cabins and in the 1960s the Club 22 restaurant and bar.

   

(single click on any of the featured photos above to enlarge. The entire photo collection is at the bottom)

In 1888 Jerome B. Rice helped form the Cambridge Valley Agricultural Society, purchase the Lauderdale Fair, and move it to the north edge of the village.

The fairgrounds were located on the east side of North Park Street between Jerome Drive and the railroad tracks. (check Google Earth, the track is still visible)

Click Cambridge Fair to read the complete article about the Cambridge Fair.

Single click on any image to drill down to larger photos